of screw conveyors and production of custom screws
Do you want to purchase a screw conveyor for transporting loose and small-sized products? Need to make screws? Contact Dnipropetrovsk Foundry and Machine-Building Plant LLC and you will receive equipment manufactured to suit the needs of your enterprise.
DLMZ specialists manufacture screw conveyors and augers based on customer requirements, and also develop custom products using customer drawings.
Screw conveyors: purpose
The screw screw conveyor is used for horizontal, vertical or inclined transportation of grain, loose, lumpy and powdery materials over short distances (30-40 m). Can be open (in a gutter) or closed (in a pipe).
Conveyors are widely used in the construction, chemical and food industries, including the agro-industrial complex.
- Horizontal screw conveyors help move material along the chute as the screw rotates. Unloading occurs through the holes in the bottom of the mechanism.
- Vertical screw conveyors include a horizontal screw and a shaft suspended on a bearing support with turns that rotate. The product is fed into the lower section of the vertical screw, and is discharged through the nozzle at the top.
Design of screw conveyors
The mechanism consists of:
- body (most often in the form of a steel cylinder) equipped with loading and unloading windows;
- auger – a rod with a helical surface, which is placed on bearings inside the housing and is a feed part;
- electric motor.
Screw conveyor: scheme of work
The auger rotates, captures the product with its blades and moves it from the loading window to the unloading one. This process is continuous. The screw is supported by supports, and it is driven by an electric motor with a gearbox. The auger can change the direction of rotation.
The design of the screw conveyor provides for the appearance of “plugs”, so the screw is also used in working with products that can form lumps. The mechanism can withstand heavy loads and does not allow dust to form.
This is a popular device, since it is possible to set the required performance of the screw conveyor, taking into account the characteristics of the model, the composition of the product being moved, the distance and location of the conveyor.
Screw conveyor: characteristics
The mechanism has both its pros and cons. Dignities are:
- tightness and simplicity;
- easy maintenance;
- small device size;
- convenient unloading;
- preservation of materials.
Of the disadvantages, the following can be distinguished:
- increased wear on the auger and chute;
- high energy intensity;
- product crushing;
- clumping as a result of overloading.
With the conveyor, you can optimize production processes, ensure the safety of materials and use resources efficiently. To buy a screw conveyor or auger, visit our factory in Pavlograd or leave a request on the website dlmz-ua.com
Production of screws and screw conveyors at DFMP
DFMP manufactures screw conveyors and wear-resistant augers and manufactures auger coils. You can choose the shape of the screw and order the part with the required thickness and diameter of the helix.
Augers are manufactured in diameters from 40 to 400 mm (some parts – 800 and 1200 mm). The most popular are models with spiral diameters from 150 to 350 mm and coil thicknesses from 2 to 35 mm.
The shape of the screw is selected depending on what kind of load needs to be moved.
The screws are
- solid (for free-flowing materials);
- tape (for wet and lumpy goods);
- in the form of paddles (for a sticky product);
- with cutouts (for caking loads and their mixing).
The speed of the screw depends on the diameter and abrasive properties of the part, as well as on the type of product being transported.
The auger spiral is manufactured from stainless steel or carbon steel according to the technical requirements. The part must be wear-resistant and with a high degree of rigidity, but at the same time light.
Tailor made augers
The plant’s specialists will manufacture a screw or screw conveyor, the drawing of which will be provided by the customer, or they will develop a non-standard model that meets the requirements of your enterprise.
Production will begin after agreeing on the dimensions of the screw, the characteristics of the screws, the operating conditions of the mechanism and the amount of load on it.
Auger manufacturing technology
The auger is the main part of the screw conveyor used to move various materials. In order for the mechanism to work reliably and for a long time, it should be properly made.
Before starting production, it is necessary to calculate the screw conveyor, prepare a drawing and select materials. To do this, you need to take into account the following data:
- model length
- outer and inner diameter of the auger helix
- turn pitch
- coil thickness
- Helix direction
Auger is made in two ways:
- Cold rolling. The production involves a machine for the manufacture of a screw, which allows the production of screws with a diameter of up to 400 mm with a material thickness of up to 6 mm. The advantages of this method are material savings and high productivity.
- Separate forming and welding of segments. The method involves the production of a spiral with its subsequent fastening to the screw shaft. Parts made in this way are wear-resistant.
Despite the fact that the part has a rather complex shape, it can be done with your own hands. Making your own auger is a good solution for those who want to save money. But keep in mind that if you make mistakes in the calculations and during the production process, the screw will become unusable.
To make an auger yourself, you need:
- prepare drawing;
- examine the characteristics of the product;
- select materials;
- have a welding machine, grinder, pipe, steel sheet and other consumables.
Coils are made from steel sheet, which are then welded to the pipe. Before starting production, it is recommended to make a cardboard layout. To get step-by-step instructions, you can watch the video of making the auger.
Making an extruder screw
At the DFMP factory you can order screws for the extruder. The product is used to transport grain of different hardness along the chute. The raw material is heated under pressure, becomes plastic and homogeneous.
As a result of heat treatment, when the product passes through the extruder, the grain damaged by insects or spoiled by fungus is disinfected. Extruded feed is well digested by animals. For this reason, the mechanism is popular among farmers.
The extruder consists of:
- grain feeder
- details to shape the mass
- control devices.
Screw conveyor: cost
The price of a screw conveyor depends on the following parameters:
- product length
- Part power and performance
- helix diameter and coil thickness
- screw shape
The screw conveyor, which can be bought at «Dnepropetrovsk Foundry and Machine-Building Plant» LLC, is designed to move various materials, including hot ones. The quality of the product does not change.
For more information about screw conveyors and augers, or to place an order, visit the DFMP website. You can discuss the details with specialists and get a calculation of the cost of products by visiting our factory in Pavlograd.